Consultation on the draft 2019 UWIR
The Office of Groundwater Impact Assessment (OGIA) is seeking submissions on the draft 2019 Surat Underground water impact report (UWIR) from tenure holders, bore owners and the public. Submissions close on 8 July 2019.
Note: If you have trouble downloading these resources, email SuratUWIR@dnrme.qld.gov.au to obtain printed copies or copies on USB.
Draft Surat UWIR 2019 documents
- Public notice: Public notice about the release of the 2019 Surat UWIR (PDF, 153KB)
- Full report and appendices: Surat UWIR 2019 consultation draft (PDF, 17.5MB)
- Report only: Surat UWIR 2019 consultation draft report (PDF, 10.9MB)
- Appendices only: Surat UWIR 2019 consultation draft appendices (PDF, 5.1MB)
- List of current petroleum and gas tenure holders in the Surat CMA (PDF, 443KB)
- List of all monitoring points in the water monitoring strategy (XLS, 87KB)
- List of springs in the Surat CMA (XLS, 39KB)
The OGIA will hold public information sessions about the draft report at the following locations.
|Town / City||Date||Venue||Time|
|Toowoomba||20 June 2019||All Seasons Function Centre, 302 North Street||4-6pm|
|Dalby||21 June 2019||Leagues Club, Corner Orpen and Drayton Streets||4-6pm|
|Chinchilla||22 June 2019||Club Hotel, 131 Heeney Street||9-11am|
|Wandoan||24 June 2019||Cultural Centre, 6 Henderson Road||4-6pm|
|Roma||25 June 2019||Explorers Inn, 44778 Warrego Highway||4-6pm|
Making a submission
You can provide feedback by making a written submission. You must ensure the OGIA receive your submission by 5pm, 8 July 2019.
Please use the above submission form to make your submission. You may attach more detailed comments if necessary.
The submission form must include the names, addresses and signature of each person or body making the submission.
Send your submission by post or email to:
Office of Groundwater Impact Assessment
Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
PO Box 15216
CITY EAST QLD 4002
Please ensure you have scanned the signed submission form and attached it to your email.
What happens next
The OGIA will consider all submissions in finalising the UWIR. All submissions will be given to the Chief Executive of the Department of Environment and Science along with the finalised report for approval.
If you have any questions about the consultation, phone the OGIA on 13 74 68 or email SuratUWIR@dnrme.qld.gov.au.