Publications and technical reports by the Office of Groundwater Impact Assessment
The Office of Groundwater Impact Assessment carries out research in collaboration with other research bodies and resource operators to improve understanding of the groundwater flow system in the Surat Cumulative Management Area (Surat CMA).
Large file warning
Many of the files below are very large. If you have trouble downloading these reports, email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain printed copies or copies on USB.
OGIA is progressively releasing companion documents that provide further scientific and technical details on elements of the UWIR 2021.
- Analysis of groundwater trends to identify impacts from coal seam gas and coal mining in the Surat and southern Bowen basins (PDF, 18.9MB) (Released: January 2023 / Document ID: OGIA/21/CD14/V1)
- Details of the Water Monitoring Strategy for the Underground Water Impact Report 2021 (PDF, 3.7MB) (Released: December 2021 / Document ID: OGIA/21/CD20/V1.1)
- Status of coal seam gas and conventional petroleum and gas development in the Surat Cumulative Management Area (PDF, 5.4MB) (Released: November 2021 / Document ID: OGIA/21/CD01/V1)
- Existing and proposed coal mining in the Surat Basin (PDF, 1.7MB) (Released: November 2021 / Document ID: OGIA/21/CD02/V1)
- Surat CMA and its groundwater systems (PDF, 1.7MB) (Released: December 2021 / Document ID: OGIA/21/CD04/V1.1)
- Modelling of cumulative groundwater impacts in the Surat CMA: approach and methods (PDF, 4MB) (Released: December 2021 / Document ID: OGIA/21/CD15/V1)
- Geology and 3D geological models for Queensland’s Surat and southern Bowen basins (PDF, 5.6MB) (Released: December 2021 / Document ID: OGIA/21/CD03/V1)
- Regional flow systems and potentiometry in Queensland’s Surat and southern Bowen basins (PDF, 2.6MB) (Released: December 2021 / Document ID: OGIA/21/CD08/V1)
- Hydrogeological characterisation of faults in the Surat Basin: assessing fault-induced connectivity between the Walloon Coal Measures and adjacent aquifers (PDF, 8.7MB)
- Analysis of groundwater level trends in the Hutton Sandstone, Springbok Sandstone and Condamine Alluvium – Surat CMA (PDF, 19.8MB)
- Technical summary: terrestrial groundwater-dependent ecosystems in the Surat CMA (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Updated geology and geological model for the Surat CMA (PDF, 96.8MB)
- Identification of gaining streams in the Surat CMA report (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Condamine groundwater connectivity report, main report (PDF, 6.1MB) and Appendices (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Springs in the Surat CMA – A summary report on spring research and knowledge (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Hydrogeological conceptualisation report for the Surat CMA (PDF, 98.1MB)
- Groundwater modelling report for the Surat CMA, main report (PDF, 14.5MB)
- Conduct a bore search for information about the predicted impacts of water extraction on individual bores.
- Read about cumulative management areas.
- View bore reports for registered bores in Queensland.
- Search for resource authority applications on your land and surrounding area.
- Get involved in groundwater monitoring for resource impacts.
- Access groundwater monitoring data.
- Last reviewed: 13 Jan 2023
- Last updated: 13 Jan 2023