Register for fire ant general awareness training
Fire ant general awareness training sessions are available for individuals and businesses that operate within fire ant biosecurity zones and deal with fire ant carriers.
By participating in this training you will learn:
- about the eradication program and movement control requirements
- how to minimise the risk of spreading fire ants without interrupting your business activities
- how to confidently identify fire ants and their nests.
The 90 minute training session is designed for businesses and government bodies operating within fire ant biosecurity zones.
Fire ant training is also suitable for groundskeepers and anyone wishing to become a fire ant volunteer ranger.
What the general awareness training includes
- fire ant identification and reporting
- the impacts of fire ants
- the fire ant eradication program
- the fire ant biosecurity zones and movement controls
- how you can assist
- the opportunity to view live fire ants.
Fire ant general awareness training details
145-157 Wayne Goss Drive
BERRINBA QLD 4117
Sessions are held fortnightly on Tuesdays (subject to change on public holidays).
9am - 10.30am (please arrive at 8:45am)
Bookings are necessary, as sessions are limited to a maximum of 50 people. To make a booking, phone Biosecurity Queensland on 13 25 23 or register online.
External sessions can be booked free of charge if there are 25 or more people to attend the training.