Use of agricultural and veterinary chemicals
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Due to current workplace restrictions, we are experiencing delays in processing hard copy applications received via post or facsimile. Please allow at least 3 weeks for hard copy applications to be processed. Online application forms are being processed within normal time frames.
The use of chemicals is regulated to minimise risks to health, the environment and trade.
Agricultural and veterinary chemical products must be used responsibly and safely.
In general, you must:
- use registered agricultural and veterinary chemical products
- follow instructions on the product label.
Appropriately choosing and using chemicals protects against:
- loss of markets due to chemical residues in produce
- health and safety impacts
- resistance in target pests
- environmental impacts.
This guide includes information to help you use agricultural and veterinary chemicals safely.