Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: We are currently updating information following recent Queensland and Australian Government announcements. Find assistance and support for coronavirus affected businesses and industries.

Qualifying for an unrestricted commercial operator's licence

Check current chemical licensing fees.

Qualifying for an unrestricted licence

To qualify for an unrestricted licence you must demonstrate that you hold an approved accreditation by providing statements of attainment, obtained after completion of the following Australian qualification framework (AQF) nationally recognised units of competency:

  • AHCCHM303 - Prepare and Apply Chemicals
  • AHCPMG301 - Control Weeds
  • AHCCHM304 - Transport and Store Chemicals.

By completing the accreditation, you will have nationally endorsed qualifications used to recognise and assess the skills and knowledge people need to perform effectively in the workplace. Where current qualifications for the above units of competency are not held, our chief executive may consider previous versions of these qualifications or future training options that become available.

If you want to rely on an alternative qualification or training to apply for an unrestricted commercial operator's licence, you must demonstrate the qualification or training is relevant and substantially equivalent by comparing the qualification or training to the specified units of competency.

Only a registered training organisation (RTO) can issue Australian qualification framework (AQF) qualifications and statements of attainment in the vocational education and training (VET) sector.

If you hold a certificate that is not from a registered training organisation you may be able to apply for recognition of prior learning. Check with your chosen RTO when enrolling.

Once you hold an approved accreditation, you can apply for a licence from Biosecurity Queensland.

Also consider...