Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: We are currently updating information following recent Queensland and Australian Government announcements. Find assistance and support for coronavirus affected businesses and industries.

What you need to know about a commercial operator's licence

Check current chemical licensing fees.

Under the Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Act 1966, if you intend to use ground equipment to distribute herbicides on land that you or a close relative do not own or occupy, you may need a commercial operator's licence.

Factors that can determine if you need a licence include the type of ground equipment that you are using and whether you are carrying out the ground distribution in a declared hazardous area, a regulated area or non-regulated area of the state.

You must be at least 17 years of age to be issued a commercial operator's licence. You do not need a licence if you are carrying out ground distribution outside of the regulated areas in Queensland. Commercial operator's licences are issued by Biosecurity Queensland.

A commercial operator's licence is issued for either a 1-year or 3-year period, nominated by the applicant when they apply.

Also consider...