Aerial distribution contractor licence
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Due to current workplace restrictions, we are experiencing delays in processing hard copy applications received via post or facsimile. Please allow at least 3 weeks for hard copy applications to be processed. Online application forms are being processed within normal time frames.
About the aerial distribution contractor licence
Any person or organisation that is in the business of aerial distribution of agricultural chemicals, or directs or authorises an aircraft to be used to do so, must hold an aerial distribution contractor licence issued under the Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Act 1966.
A licensed aerial distribution contractor may also distribute herbicides from ground equipment, or direct or authorise ground equipment to be used to do so.
Apply for an aerial distribution contractor licence
If you wish to obtain an aerial distribution contractor licence, you must first hold a licence to do aerial work, issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority:
- for manned aircraft this is an air operator certificate (AOC), endorsed to conduct aerial application operations.
- for an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) you need an unmanned aerial vehicle operator's certificate (UOC) or a remotely piloted aircraft operator's certificate (ReOC) approved for aerial work operations.
To apply, complete 1 of the forms below and pay the prescribed fee:
- the online licence application form
- if you are unable to apply on-line or want more information on obtaining a pilot chemical rating licence including a paper based application form, contact our Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23.
This licence is issued for either a 1 or 3 year period, which you nominate when you apply.
Renewal of existing licences
If you need to renew your licence, please email email@example.com and state your name and licence number and ask for a renewal link to be sent. The link is customised to include the licensee's current details.
If you have an email address recorded against your licence, an online renewal link will automatically be sent 60 days prior to expiry date.
Note: If you are an aerial distribution contractor and also intend to be a pilot in command of an aircraft to carry out aerial distribution, you must hold a pilot chemical rating licence in addition to an aerial distribution contractor licence. Learn more about applying for a pilot chemical rating licence.
- Search the chemical application licence register to check the current licence details of any business or individual operator.