How your business can get involved in the Commonwealth Games
Watch recorded sessions on our Embracing2018 YouTube channel.
The Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018) presents one of the most significant procurement programs over the next decade. GC2018 will inject approximately $2 billion into the economy, with procurement offering a wide-range of opportunities for business.
The 5 steps below are a good way to get your business involved.
Check the forward procurement schedule
The Forward Procurement Plan and Schedule provides suppliers with an early indication of opportunities available, including estimated timeframes for approaches to market.
As procurement planning continues, details associated with GC2018 work packages in the Forward Procurement Schedule will be routinely updated.
Register with the Industry Capability Network (ICN)
All GC2018 work packages in the Forward Procurement Schedule are listed on the ICN Gateway, and online database of project opportunities. By creating a free company profile on ICN Gateway, businesses can register interest against one or more GC2018 work packages.
Registering interest against GC2018 work packages on ICN Gateway enables you to:
- receive notifications about changes to GC2018 work packages of interest to your business, including the release of tenders to market
- receive notifications about Embracing 2018 business development activities related to your industry
- express interest in sponsorship opportunities.
While ICN Gateway offers subscription services, you can register against GC2018 work packages and make your business visible to Games partners by using the free service.
If you are an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business, registering on ICN Gateway will make your business visible to suppliers and project owners through the Black Business Finder.
Note: If you are already registered with ICN, check your details to ensure they are up to date.
Register on the QTenders website
All open tender and public Expression of Interest (EOI) opportunities for GC2018 will be published on the Queensland Government QTenders website. Register with QTenders to:
- receive notification when a public tender is advertised in a category that is relevant to your business
- view current, closed and awarded tenders
- tender against published tender opportunities (download and upload tender documents).
Note: If you are already registered with QTenders, check your details to ensure they are up to date.
Learn more with the Embracing 2018 business development program
Procurement on the scale required for the Commonwealth Games is diverse and complex – considerations for your business may differ depending on the requirement, the industry, and your position in the supply-chain.
The Embracing 2018 business development program is being delivered to help businesses in key industries learn what they need to know to get involved, and prepare.
Activities, including workshops and networking events, will be industry-focused and progressively rolled-out ahead of key tenders being released.
Activities may be delivered where there is:
- market capacity issues
- significant supply chain opportunities
- identified potential for small business partnering and collaboration
- identified regional opportunities
- other legacy potential, including opportunities to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses.
You can receive notifications on activities related to your industry by registering interest against relevant GC2018 work packages on the ICN Gateway.
If you have an enquiry about an open tender contact the project manager named in the invitation to offer.
For general procurement enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last reviewed: 19 Jul 2016
- Last updated: 19 Jul 2016