COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 6pm, Monday 11 January.

Completing the form

Please complete forms carefully, and include all required information. If you make a mistake, follow the correction instructions at the bottom of this page. Failure to do this may result in delays in processing your dealing and additional fees.

You can complete forms by hand or on the computer. Use dense black or blue ink and make sure that all signatures and dates are in original ink. Any text entered on the computer should be in Arial 10 point or larger.

Print the form on A4 white paper, making sure the whole of the form appears on one side of one sheet only. Do not fold forms. You can change the size of the panels, but do not make other changes (e.g. delete panels or change the standard wording) without the approval of the Registrar of Titles.

Some browsers don't support the full functionality of our PDF forms. For help, refer to our Guide to downloading Titles Registry forms (PDF, 184KB), or download the Word (DOT) version of the form instead.

Forms you will need

How to complete Form 3 – Release

Click on the blue text in the form for help, or see an example of a completed Form 3 – Release (PDF, 476KB).

Lodger details Insert name, postal address, email address and phone number for correspondence purposes

A lodger ‘Code’ is only required if you lodge regularly and have been provided with one by the Titles Registry. Otherwise leave blank.
Item 1 Insert dealing number/s of mortgage/s being released
Item 2Freehold land
The description of the relevant lot/s should read 'Lot [no.] on [plan reference]'. Plan references must contain the appropriate prefix, such as SP, RP, BUP, GTP (e.g. Lot 27 on RP 204939). Insert the title reference as it appears on the title search.
Water allocation
For the lot on plan description use 'Water Allocation', 'Allocation' or 'WA' followed by the prefix AP and the plan number (e.g. WA27 on AP 7900). Insert the title reference as it appears on the title search.
State tenure
The lot on plan description of the relevant state tenure should read 'Lot [no.] on [plan reference]'. Plan references must contain the appropriate prefix, such as CP (e.g. Lot 27 on CPLIV1234). Insert the title reference as it appears on the title search.
Item 3 Only complete if not releasing the debt for all the mortgagors (e.g. if the property is held by tenants in common and only 1 tenant is being released). Indicate which interests are being released (e.g. 'Interest of John Able Citizen and Mary Constance Citizen only').
Item 4 Insert full name of mortgagee. If a mortgage has been registered and then transferred to a new mortgagee, the name appearing in Item 4 should be the name of the new mortgagee.
Item 5 Insert the page numbering at the top of the form, then print.
The form must be signed and dated by the mortgagee in the presence of a qualified witness. Each of the signatures must be separately witnessed, but the witness can be the same person.

If you need more space on the form

If there isn't enough space in any item on the form (e.g. if more signatures are required or if several properties are being described), insert 'see enlarged panel' in the relevant item.

Then complete Form 20 – Enlarged panel (PDF, 1.1MB). In this form, enter the title reference at the top of the form and insert the heading of the item (e.g. 'Item 2. Lot on Plan Description') followed by the information. To finish, enter the page numbers on the top right of all pages.

Lodger details

The lodger details must contain the minimum information necessary for positive identification and contact by mail, email (if applicable) and phone.

Your lodger code should always be shown. Private persons lodging one-off individual transactions do not need to show a lodger code.

Correcting a form

You can make a minor change to a form by ruling through the item to be deleted, inserting the correct information and initialling the change. Do not use erasers, correction fluid or similar products.

A minor correction would be correcting:

  • a digit or transposition of 2 digits in a title reference, plan number or ABN
  • the spelling of part of a name of a person or company.

If you need to make more substantial changes, refer to part 59-2040 of the land title practice manual or, provided the document has not already been lodged, complete a new form (remember to have the new form signed by all parties if the form it is replacing has already been signed). Alternatively, you may wish to speak to a lawyer or contact our enquiry service.


Titles enquiries 1300 255 750