Registering a release of mortgage

When you have repaid your mortgage, the lender (the 'mortgagee') who lent the money with your property as security signs a document to release your property from the mortgage.

This release of mortgage form must be registered with the Titles Registry for the mortgage to be released. You should lodge this release with us as soon as possible - if the form is lost or destroyed, you may incur additional costs and delays when using the property in future transactions.

For additional information about Titles Registry forms, see the land title practice manual.

Note: Titles Registry forms are legally binding and must be completed carefully. The Titles Registry can provide general information about forms and requirements. If you require personal advice - that is, advice taking your circumstances into consideration, or the options available to you - then it is recommended that you speak to a lawyer.


Titles enquiries 1300 255 750