COVID-19 alert: Read about eased restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 1am, Friday 22 January.

Completing the forms

Please complete forms carefully, and include all required information. If you make a mistake, follow the correction instructions at the bottom of this page. Failure to do this may result in delays in processing your dealing and additional fees.

You can complete forms by hand or on the computer. Use dense black or blue ink and make sure that all signatures and dates are in original ink. Any text entered on the computer should be in Arial 10 point or larger.

Print the form on A4 white paper, making sure the whole of the form appears on one side of one sheet only. Do not fold forms. You can change the size of the panels, but do not make other changes (e.g. delete panels or change the standard wording) without the approval of the Registrar of Titles.

Some browsers don't support the full functionality of our PDF forms. For help, refer to our Guide to downloading Titles Registry forms (PDF, 184KB), or download the Word (DOT) version of the form instead.

Forms you will need

How to complete Form 14 – General request

Click on the blue text in the form for help, or view an example of a completed Form 14 – General request (PDF, 63KB).

Lodger details Insert name, postal address, email address and phone number for correspondence purposes

A lodger ‘Code’ is only required if you lodge regularly and have been provided with one by the Titles Registry. Otherwise leave blank.
Item 1 Insert 'Request to record change of name of a natural person' or 'Request to correct name of a natural person', whichever applies
Item 2Freehold land
The description of the relevant lot/s should read 'Lot [no.] on [plan reference]'. Plan references must contain the appropriate prefix, such as SP, RP, BUP, GTP (e.g. Lot 27 on RP 204939). Insert the title reference as it appears on the title search

Water allocation
For the lot on plan description use 'Water Allocation', 'Allocation' or 'WA' followed by the prefix AP and the plan number (e.g. WA 27 on AP 7900). Insert the title reference as it appears on the title search

State tenure
The lot on plan description of the relevant state tenure should always read 'Lot [no.] on [plan reference]'. Plan references must contain the appropriate prefix, such as CP (e.g. Lot 27 on CPLIV1234). Insert the title reference as it appears on the title search
Item 3 Insert the full name of all registered proprietors/lessees as they appear on a current title search
Item 4 Select the interest of the applicant from the drop-down menu (e.g. 'fee simple' for a freehold title, 'state leasehold' for a state tenure or 'water allocation' for a water allocation). For secondary interests, such as a freehold lease or a mortgage, include the relevant 9 digit number of the registered lease/mortgage
Item 5 Insert the full current legal name of the applicant (i.e. the person requiring the name be changed or corrected) and the postal address for service of notices (e.g. rates notices)
Item 6 Insert appropriate words for the actual request (e.g. 'I hereby request that the name of one of the registered owners be changed from … to … in accordance with the attached evidence')
Item 7 Print the form, then sign and date

If you need more space on the form

If there isn't enough space in any item on the form (e.g. if more signatures are required or if several properties are being described), insert 'see enlarged panel' in the relevant item.

Then complete Form 20 – Enlarged panel (PDF, 1.1MB). In this form, enter the title reference at the top of the form and insert the heading of the item (e.g. 'Item 2. Lot on Plan Description') followed by the information. To finish, enter the page numbers on the top right of all pages.

How to complete Form 20 – Declaration

The declaration should set out the circumstances that warrant the change or correction of name. View an example of a Form 14 with a supporting declaration (PDF, 63KB).

The Form 20 declaration should include the following details:

  • the title reference as shown on the current title search
  • your full current legal name and address
  • the circumstances surrounding the change or correction of name, including reference to the supporting evidence being provided
  • your signature and the date of the declaration in the presence of a qualified witness.

Insert consecutive page numbering at the top right of each form.

Lodger details

The lodger details must contain the minimum information necessary for positive identification and contact by mail, email (if applicable) and phone.

Your lodger code should always be shown. Private persons lodging one-off individual transactions do not need to show a lodger code.

Correcting a form

You can make a minor change to a form by ruling through the item to be deleted, inserting the correct information and initialling the change. Do not use erasers, correction fluid or similar products.

A minor correction would be correcting:

  • a digit or transposition of 2 digits in a title reference, plan number or ABN
  • the spelling of part of a name of a person or company.

If you need to make more substantial changes, refer to part 59-2040 of the land title practice manual or, provided the document has not already been lodged, complete a new form (remember to have the new form signed by all parties if the form it is replacing has already been signed). Alternatively, you may wish to speak to a lawyer or contact our enquiry service.


Titles enquiries 1300 255 750