Changing or correcting your name

You should complete a request to change or correct your name if any of these apply:

  • you have legally changed your name by deed poll/change of name certificate
  • your name has changed due to marriage
  • you intend to revert back to your birth name (e.g. due to divorce)
  • there was an error made in the original documentation.

This guide explains what you must do to change or correct a name on a title.

For additional information about Titles Registry forms, see the land title practice manual.

Note: Titles Registry forms are legally binding and must be completed carefully. The Titles Registry can provide general information about forms and requirements. If you require personal advice - that is, advice taking your circumstances into consideration, or the options available to you - then it is recommended that you speak to a lawyer.


Titles enquiries 1300 255 750