Fees and lodgement

You can lodge your forms and documents by post or in person. Read about payments and lodgement for details. For industry professionals, electronic conveyancing and eLodgement are easy, fast and secure lodgement alternatives.

Checklist of what to include

Make sure your application includes all the required information and documents:

  • Form 17 - Request to dispense with production of instrument/document
  • Form 20 - Declaration/s (statutory declarations from all required parties)
  • Form 20 - Enlarged panel (if applicable)
  • payment by cheque (if applicable).

Fees and payment

To calculate fees, use the fee calculator.

If lodging in person, you can pay by cash, cheque, money order, EFTPOS or credit card.

If lodging by post, include a cheque or money order made out to the 'Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy'. Do not send cash through the mail.

We will send you a lodgement summary once your payment has been received. It will show the dealing numbers and type, description, lodgement date and time, first title reference, assessed fee and receipted fee plus lodger details.

Correct order of lodgement

The correct order of lodgement will vary depending on the circumstances. The lodger is responsible for ensuring Titles Registry forms are lodged in the correct order of priority. Dealings will be requisitioned to rectify the order of lodgement where necessary.

What happens next

We will check your form to make sure it meets all our requirements. If there is a deficiency with your lodgement, we will send you a requisition notice (see the next page in this guide for details).

If your form meets our requirements, we will register your dealing and send you a registration confirmation statement. If you have provided us with an email address in the 'lodger details' section of the form, we will send this by email; otherwise we will send it to you by normal post.

How long does registration take?

Most correctly prepared dealings are registered within our service time of 3-5 working days.

You can use the dealing number on your lodgement summary to check the status of your lodgement using our online dealing status search enquiry.


After the application is lodged, the Registrar of Titles will determine how public notice is to be given. All public notices are required to be placed by, and at the expense of, the lodger of the application.

The Registrar of Titles will give the lodger a written notice that:

  • contains the public notice that is to appear
  • specifies the newspaper in which the notice is to be placed
  • provides a date by which the requirement is to be satisfied.

You will need to provide evidence to the Titles Registry that you have complied with the notice requirements before your application will proceed.

You must supply the whole page from the newspaper (the original page, not a photocopy) and clearly identify on it (by highlighting, circling, etc.) the:

  • location of the notice
  • name of the newspaper and the date of publication.

If you have satisfied advertising requirements, your request to dispense with the production of the certificate of title will be registered provided no caveat is lodged by any party under the provisions of s. 122 of the Land Title Act 1994 to prevent cancellation of the certificate of title.

We will send you a registration confirmation notice and register your dealing 7 clear days after the date of publication of the notice in the newspaper.


Titles enquiries 1300 255 750