About the Queensland Globe
In this guide:
- Queensland Globe
- About the Queensland Globe
- Installing Queensland Globe for Mac or PC
- Installing Queensland Globe for mobile devices
- Recommended settings for Google Earth
- Queensland Globe tutorial videos
- Using the Queensland Globe
- Using the Coal Seam Gas Globe
- Using the Mines Globe
- Using the Land Valuations Globe
- Using the Vegetation Management Globe
Queensland Globe is our latest mapping and data application and is implemented inside the Google Earth™ application. As an interactive online tool, Queensland Globe allows you to view and explore Queensland maps, imagery (including up-to-date satellite images) and other spatial data.
The Queensland Globe is part of the Queensland Government's open data strategy.
Inside Queensland Globe you are able to access maps, data and imagery of Queensland, including Queensland Government-owned data and data used under licence from other parties.
Some of the layers you can choose to view include:
- places (e.g. population centre, suburb)
- boundaries (e.g. coastline, local government, electorate, postcode)
- roads (e.g. arterial road, minor road)
- rail (e.g. railway line, railway station)
- transport (e.g. ferry, mall, busway, path, track)
- land parcel (e.g. property boundary, property label)
- land parcel tenures (e.g. freehold, national park, state forest, state land).
Releases and updates
Releases and updates are regularly made to the Queensland Globe and our other globes imagery, terrain and layers data. Update schedules vary, ranging from weekly to annually.
For more information about the latest releases and updates:
- view What's new in the qldglobe in the Queensland Globe banner
- view What's new in the csgglobe in the Coal Seam Gas Globe banner.
To provide feedback or if you have an operational query please email email@example.com
- Last reviewed
- February 13, 2015
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)