Queensland natural disaster assistance
If you are a small business owner or primary producer who has been affected by a natural disaster in Queensland, there may be financial assistance available, as well as a range of support services to help you recover.
Individuals and families can apply for financial support to assist with disaster recovery. Phone the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.
Visit QRAA or phone 1800 623 946 to find out if you are eligible for disaster assistance.
For disaster recovery information, see:
- what your business should do after a natural disaster
- how to rebuild your business after a natural disaster
- how a recovery plan can help get your business running again
- how we can help with your tax obligations
- disaster support and assistance for tourism businesses.
Phone the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland's Employer Assistance Line on 1300 731 988 for:
- advice and support if your business has been forced to close or reduce operations
- industrial relations advice on managing your staff appropriately and meeting your obligations under the Fair Work Act 2009.
Primary producers in affected areas can apply for freight subsidies of up to $5000. Phone 13 25 23 to find out if you are eligible.
Leasehold rent relief
Landholders can apply to have their next leasehold rental payment deferred. Find out more about deferring your rent or instalment.
Support services for primary producers
If your farm has been affected by a natural disaster, find out:
- what primary producers should do after a natural disaster
- about disaster recovery for livestock farms, including animal welfare
- about disaster recovery for crop farming
- about freight subsidies and the provision of fodder and fodder drops
- how to prepare for winter crops following floods
- about clearing vegetation from land and watercourses
- how to repair and restore your property.
- Read about drought declarations, revocations and assistance for primary producers.
- Contact your industry association for advice and support to help your business recover.
- Read advice on how to recognise scams and dodgy traders relating to natural disasters.
- Find out how to prepare your business for a natural disaster.
- Learn how to rebuild your business after a natural disaster.
- Last reviewed
- October 12, 2016
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)