The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Essential information archived updates
Find archived essential coronavirus (COVID-19) updates.
25 September 2020
- Restrictions on gatherings, aged care and health care eased in South East Queensland: Restrictions have eased (effective 1am, 25 September 2020), however certain restrictions continue to apply. Businesses can continue to operate in line with COVID Safe plans.
17 September 2020
- Restrictions on gatherings, aged care and health facilities: Restrictions are in place in parts of Queensland (latest changes effective 17 September 2020). Businesses can continue to operate in line with COVID Safe plans.
28 August 2020
- Schoolies Week events cancelled: Accommodation providers must adhere to additional restrictions between 21 November and 11 December. Restrictions for restaurants, pubs and clubs are unchanged. Read the media release for more information.
7 August 2020
- Protect your seasonal workforce: If you employ seasonal workers you must have a workplace health management plan to manage and prevent transmission of COVID-19 in your workplace and the community.
24 July 2020
- COVID Safe businesses and plans: Stage 3 eased restrictions now apply. Read the reinstated restriction for businesses to ensure customers in food and drink venues remain seated (effective 24 July 2020).
21 July 2020
- Chief Health Officer (CHO) public health directions: Read current public health directions issued by the CHO.
1 July 2020
- Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant: Applications for regional Queensland are still open—check your eligibility and apply now for up to $10,000 funding for micro and small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Round 2 for South East Queensland has now closed.
16 June 2020
- COVID-19 Supplier Portal: Register and tell us about the goods and services you can supply. Government and industry buyers can use the portal to help find items they need.
15 June 2020
- Free online training: Access free online courses if your small business has been impacted by COVID-19.
5 June 2020
- COVID Safe industry plans: Eligible businesses following an approved COVID Safe industry plan may be able to open for a larger number of customers.
3 June 2020
- Regulated industries and licensees: Information and assistance from the Office of Fair Trading about your rights and obligations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
1 June 2020
- Business closures: Latest information on non-essential business closures.
30 May 2020
- New procurement measures: Reduced payment terms for Queensland Government suppliers and more opportunities for your business to start supplying to the Queensland Government.
28 May 2020
- Queensland Small Business Commissioner: Commercial landlords and tenants can seek help to resolve COVID-19 impacted lease disputes.
25 May 2020
- Building water safety: Before buildings are reoccupied, the safety of building water systems should be checked.
19 May 2020
- Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant: Apply for up to $10,000 funding to support micro and small businesses impacted by COVID-19. (Note: Round 1 of the grant has now closed.)
15 May 2020
- Eased business restrictions: Latest information for reopening businesses, effective 11.59pm, 15 May 2020, including advice on COVID Safe business planning and mandatory COVID Safe checklists for beauty therapy and nail salons, and restaurants and cafes.
11 May 2020
- Jobs support loans: Additional funding has been announced for the Queensland COVID-19 Jobs support loans for businesses that have already lodged an application. New applications are not being received at this time.
7 May 2020
- JobKeeper payments: The Australian Government JobKeeper payment is exempt from payroll tax in Queensland. Find examples of exempt wages and JobKeeper payments.
1 May 2020
30 April 2020
- Business safety resources: Printable posters to display in your business or workplace to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
28 April 2020
- Maintaining your seasonal workforce: Latest information on maintaining a seasonal workforce while ensuring COVID-19 public health obligations are met. For more information, phone 13 25 23.
- Manufacturing and supply chains: See what the Queensland Government is looking to buy and how your business can find supply chain support and manufacturing opportunities in response to COVID-19.
24 April 2020
- Business closures: Latest information on non-essential business closures (effective 24 April 2020 – updates for massage therapy, funeral directors and religious services).
20 April 2020
- Supply to government: See the list of goods and services Queensland Government is currently looking to buy in response to COVID-19.
16 April 2020
- Jobs Finder: Jobseekers can register their details, location and skills to be matched with suitable job opportunities by professional recruitment agencies.
8 April 2020
- Commercial tenancies: Relief measures for commercial tenants and landlords. To be eligible, a landowner must commit to comply with a set of leasing principles. A mandatory code of conduct has been developed by National Cabinet.
- Unpaid pandemic leave: The Fair Work Commission has varied 99 awards to provide employees with 2 weeks unpaid pandemic leave and the ability to apply to take annual leave at half pay.
5 April 2020
- Making it for Queensland: Are you a Queensland manufacturing business that can lend a hand in the fight against COVID-19? Register your capability and capacity details. You can also learn more about COVID-19 supply chain matching for manufacturing.
- Manufacturing personal protective equipment (PPE): While Queensland currently has PPE supplies for our medical professionals for the foreseeable future, Queensland Government is working with local manufacturers to ensure there are supplies to support the state.
3 April 2020
- Business assistance finder: Use our coronavirus (COVID-19) business assistance finder to learn what support you may be eligible for.
30 March 2020
- JobKeeper payment: You may be eligible for an Australian Government subsidy to continue paying your employees. Sole traders may also be eligible.
26 March 2020
- Queensland border closures: Information about Queensland state border access restrictions. You can also read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures.
24 March 2020
- Non-essential business closures: Latest information on limits on public gatherings for coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it may affect your business. New restrictions for business will commence 11.59pm, Wednesday 25 March 2020.
- $4 billion economic relief package: Announced to support Queensland health, jobs and businesses.
- Payroll tax relief package: You may be eligible for one or more of a range of payroll tax relief measures as a result of the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Power bill relief: Your business may be eligible for a $500 rebate off energy bills if you consume less than 100,000kWh. This will be automatically applied on your business electricity bills.
- Last reviewed: 25 Sep 2020
- Last updated: 16 Oct 2020
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020