Essential information archived updates
Find archived essential coronavirus (COVID-19) updates.
19 May 2020
7 May 2020
- JobKeeper payments: The Australian Government JobKeeper payment is exempt from payroll tax in Queensland. Find examples of exempt wages and JobKeeper payments.
28 April 2020
- Maintaining your seasonal workforce: Latest information on maintaining a seasonal workforce while ensuring COVID-19 public health obligations are met. For more information, phone 13 25 23.
- Manufacturing and supply chains: See what the Queensland Government is looking to buy and how your business can find supply chain support and manufacturing opportunities in response to COVID-19.
24 April 2020
- Business closures: Latest information on non-essential business closures (effective 24 April 2020 - updates for massage therapy, funeral directors and religious services).
20 April 2020
- Supply to government: See the list of goods and services Queensland Government is currently looking to buy in response to COVID-19.
16 April 2020
- Jobs Finder: Jobseekers can register their details, location and skills to be matched with suitable job opportunities by professional recruitment agencies.
8 April 2020
- Commercial tenancies: Relief measures for commercial tenants and landlords. To be eligible, a landowner must commit to comply with a set of leasing principles. A mandatory code of conduct has been developed by National Cabinet.
- Unpaid pandemic leave: The Fair Work Commission has varied 99 awards to provide employees with 2 weeks unpaid pandemic leave and the ability to apply to take annual leave at half pay.
5 April 2020
- Making it for Queensland: Are you a Queensland manufacturing business that can lend a hand in the fight against COVID-19? Register your capability and capacity details. You can also learn more about COVID-19 supply chain matching for manufacturing.
- Manufacturing personal protective equipment (PPE): While Queensland currently has PPE supplies for our medical professionals for the foreseeable future, Queensland Government is working with local manufacturers to ensure there are supplies to support the state.
3 April 2020
- Business assistance finder: Use our coronavirus (COVID-19) business assistance finder to learn what support you may be eligible for.
30 March 2020
- JobKeeper payment: You may be eligible for an Australian Government subsidy to continue paying your employees. Sole traders may also be eligible.
26 March 2020
- Queensland border closures: Information about Queensland state border access restrictions. You can also read the Chief Health Officer directive on border closures.
24 March 2020
- Non-essential business closures: Latest information on limits on public gatherings for coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it may affect your business.New restrictions for business will commence 11.59pm, Wednesday 25 March 2020.
- Queensland border closures: Information about Queensland state border access restrictions, including who is exempt.
- $4 billion economic relief package: Announced to support Queensland health, jobs and businesses.
- Payroll tax relief package: You may be eligible for one or more of a range of payroll tax relief measures as a result of the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Power bill relief: Your business may be eligible for a $500 rebate off energy bills if you consume less than 100,000kWh. This will be automatically applied on your business electricity bills.
- Last reviewed: 22 Apr 2020
- Last updated: 23 May 2020
I want to...
- Business systems workshop - Ipswich 27/05/2020
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 27/05/2020