Leading aviation and aerospace businesses in Queensland
Queensland has a significant network of aviation and aerospace businesses. Companies with offices in Queensland include:
- Airbus Military - A330 Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) project operating out of the Australian Conversion Centre in Brisbane
- Asia Pacific Aerospace - Australian headquarters with offices in New Zealand and Singapore, specialises in the maintenance, repair and overhaul of small to medium gas turbine engines
- Australian Aerospace (subsidiary of Eurocopter) - Asia-Pacific headquarters, rotary wing manufacturing, composite components manufacturing, and research and development
- BAE Systems Australia - design, integration and maintenance of systems for the Australian Defence Force (ADF) with operations in Townsville, Cairns and Archerfield
- Boeing Defence Australia - Australian headquarters, aerospace and network-enabled systems
- Boeing Research and Technology Australia - headquarters, and research and development
- Boeing Training and Flight Services - pilot simulator training
- CAE Australia - simulation and training specialists
- Frequentis Australasia - communications and aerospace control centre
- GE Aviation Systems Australia - Asia-Pacific headquarters and avionics component maintenance
- Hawker Pacific - aircraft maintenance operations in Cairns, Townsville and Brisbane
- Insitu Pacific Limited - regional head office, production facility and training school
- Interturbine Advanced Composites (IAC) (a B/E Aerospace company) - aerospace logistics company
- Jetstar - crew base (Cairns)
- Sikorsky Aircraft Services (Helitech) - aircraft maintenance and sales
- Qantas (Brisbane heavy maintenance) - B-767/A-330 heavy maintenance facility
- Qantas Defence Services - avionics and engine maintenance
- Raytheon Australia - avionics maintenance and logistics centre
- Singapore Flying College - pilot training
- Tasman Aviation Enterprises (TAE) - Australia's leading gas turbine and aerospace general engineering company
- Vector Aerospace - engine maintenance
- Virgin Australia - Australian headquarters and B-737 maintenance base
Queensland is also home to AUVS-Australia - an affiliate to the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI), the world's largest non-profit organisation devoted exclusively to advancing the unmanned systems community.
- Contact the Invest Queensland team on +61 7 3405 4174 for more information about bringing your aviation and aerospace business to Queensland.
- Read about proposed and planned infrastructure projects in Queensland.
- Learn more about investing in Queensland's defence industry.
- Read about the benefits of doing business in Queensland.
- Last updated
- 19 March 2013
Investment enquiries call +61 7 3405 4174