Investing in Queensland's aviation and aerospace industry
Queensland is one of the Asia-Pacific's strongest aviation and aerospace hubs. Queensland's accessible locations, low business costs and skilled workforce combine to make Queensland an ideal location to set up a business in the aviation and aerospace industry.
After almost a decade of unprecedented industry growth, Queensland is now regarded as:
- the centre for Australia's aerospace and rotary wing (helicopter) industries
- the centre for Australia's aviation training services
- an emerging centre for Australia's general aviation industry
- a growing hub for research and development of emerging aviation technologies, including unmanned aircraft systems.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics 2006 census showed that:
- nearly 30% of all Australian-based pilots are located in Queensland
- there are 16,500 aviation, aerospace and defence-related jobs in Queensland, 23% of the Australian total
- Queensland is home to almost 30% of aviation and aerospace companies in Australia.
This guide explains the benefits of investing in Queensland's aviation and aerospace industry.
- Last updated
- 19 March 2013
Investment enquiries call +61 7 3405 4174