Building and construction industry associations
You can get connected with other businesses in your industry by contacting your industry association. They often arrange events and networking opportunities where you may be able to find suppliers, make contacts, and generate new business. Contact your industry association to find out how they can help you to run your business.
Building and construction
- Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association (AEPMA)
AEPMA is the recognised association and voice of the Australian professional pest management industry. Benefits of membership including job referrals, technical advice on pest management and substantial discounts on vehicles, equipment and insurance purchases.
- Australian Pipeline Industry Association (APIA)
If your business is involved in or provides goods and services to the transmission pipelines and gas industry, you can be represented by APIA. Members enjoy excellent networking and information-sharing opportunities with around 20 functions held each year.
- Civil Contractors Federation (CCF)
CCF is the peak body representing Australia's civil construction industry, supporting members' businesses and providing a unified voice to all levels of government. CCF has branches in all states and territories.
- Electrical Contractors Association (ECA)
Becoming a member of ECA means you are joining the largest electrical and communications organisation in Queensland. ECA offer a range of services to help you to improve the way you run your business, including practical legal advice for contractors.
- Furnishing Industry Association of Australia (FIAA)
FIAA represents the commercial interests of the furnishing and joinery industry. It is a registered training organisation that provides new apprenticeships with vocational education and assists members with workplace management issues.
- Housing Industry Association (HIA)
As Australia's largest residential building organisation, HIA represents builders, trade contractors, design professionals, kitchen and bathroom specialists, and manufacturers and suppliers.
- Master Builders Queensland
Representing building and construction in Queensland since 1882, Master Builders is the peak industry association. Over 11,000 residential and commercial builders, sub-contractors and related industry professionals are members and they receive practical, timely and relevant information, as well as products and services to improve business performance.
- Timber Queensland
Timber Queensland is the peak timber industry body in Queensland. Members include timber businesses from plantation growers, harvesters, sawmillers and merchants through to timber users including manufacturers, architects and builders.
- Hardware Association of Queensland (HAQ)
HAQ represents the hardware industry - particularly business owners. Membership allows you the opportunity to raise industry concerns with government, as well as access a range of information and advice on issues that affect your business.
- Australian Paint Manufacturers' Federation (APMF)
APMF represents paint and ink manufacturing companies operating across Australia, as well as associate members who supply materials and services to the coatings industry. Membership advantages include networking opportunities, regular reports to help you benchmark your performance, free publications and more.
- Master Painters Australia - Queensland
Established in the late 19th century, Master Painters Australia is the union of employers and peak industry body for the painting and decorating industry. As a registered training organisation, they educate apprentices and trade painters across Queensland.
- Master Plumbers' Association of Queensland (MPAQ)
MPAQ is a not-for-profit organisation of employers whose businesses are engaged in every section of the industry. If you are an individual or business working in the plumbing trade you can become a member and enjoy a range of products, services and discounts.
- Master Plumbers' and Mechanical Services Association of Australia (MPMSAA)
As Australia's largest plumbing industry association, MPMSAA has been leading the industry since 1891. A registered national employer organisation, MPMSAA provides representation and extensive services for members in the plumbing and mechanical services sectors.
- Read about architecture, property, real estate and urban planning industry associations.
- Contact our Business Support Services team to access a range of useful business research products and services, including a PlanSMART kit that includes essential information about your industry.
- Read a business start-up guide for your business, trade or profession.
- Learn more about research resources for business and industry.
- Read about networking in business.
- Learn how mentoring can benefit your business.
- Last updated
- 05 March 2013
General enquiries call 13 25 23 (option 3)