Managing natural disasters for mining
The most effective way to prepare your mining, petroleum, gas or quarrying operation for a natural disaster is to have a plan ready before the event occurs. Having a plan will help you minimise damage and operational losses.
Safety and health management plans
Mining, petroleum and gas, and quarrying operations must have safety and health management plans in place. By law, these plans must ensure the safety of employees in the event of:
- natural disasters
- severe weather events
- other emergency situations.
Learn more about natural disaster planning for mining, petroleum and quarrying operators.
Resources for natural disaster planning
Key resources for natural disaster planning include:
- preparation checklists for cyclones and storm surges, severe storms, flooding and bushfires
- your emergency kit
- your evacuation procedures
- a list of emergency contacts.
For information about tailoring these resources to your mining operation, read preparing your business for natural disasters.
- Learn more about Queensland natural disaster assistance.
- Last reviewed
- November 8, 2013
General enquiries 13 25 23