Interactive Resource and Tenure Maps (IRTM)
The Interactive Resource and Tenure Maps (IRTM) system allows you to zoom, pan, search and display geological data with mining and exploration tenure information for the whole of Queensland. A spatial search tool for QDEX (Queensland Digital Exploration Reports system) is also available, allowing you to list company reports for your project area based on historic exploration tenure.
Many of the geological, exploration and mining data layers for Queensland can be downloaded from the IRTM system.
Getting started with IRTM
- A simple guide on how the internet maps work is available on the 'help' button within the IRTM system.
- Once you have accessed the internet GIS a row of map tools will display above a map window, map layers will be listed down the left, and a map image will appear in the centre of the screen.
- You can interact with this map image using the tools (e.g. to zoom in or identify features) and layers to display the spatial information of your choice.
Maps of environmentally sensitive areas
- When applying to the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (EHP) for environmental authorities for mining activities, you are required under the Environmental Protection Regulation 1998 to identify environmentally sensitive areas within or adjacent to the proposed mining tenement.
- Maps of environmentally sensitive areas are now available from EHP, allowing you to produce your own maps.
- For more information, email IRTM Support or phone (07) 3035 5297.
- Read frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the IRTM system.
- Find out about the latest additions and modifications for the IRTM system.
- Find hardcopy tenure maps.
- Search the restricted areas throughout Queensland register (XLS, 901.0KB) to make sure you are eligible to apply for permits in a particular area.
- Read more about mining online services.
- Last reviewed
- February 27, 2014
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)