Queensland Digital Exploration Reports system (QDEX)
The Geological Survey of Queensland manages the company exploration reports collection using an internet document management system called QDEX (Queensland Digital Exploration Reports system).
Document collections available for viewing include exploration reports, collaborative drilling and industry network initiative reports, departmental publications, and soils and land resources reports. All reports lodged must be submitted digitally using the QDEX electronic lodgement system.
There are 2 ways to access the QDEX system:
- as a guest user
- as a registered user.
QDEX guest user (unregistered)
Unregistered users or guest users can view the descriptive elements, or metadata, relating to a report. A guest user can download or view report components and access 'public folders' containing reports considered of general interest to users of QDEX. Guest users are not able to save searches, create subscriptions, save reports to folders, or use the shopping cart function.
- Connect to QDEX as a guest user.
QDEX registered user (registered)
Registered QDEX users have the same access as a guest user as well as the ability to use the shopping cart function, lodge reports, create folders, and use the saved searches and subscriptions functions. Registration and use of QDEX is free.
- To become a registered user, complete the QDEX registration form (PDF, 252KB) and fax this completed form to (07) 3003 1541.
- Connect to QDEX as a registered user.
Interactive publications list
- Queensland geological maps list (PDF, 355KB)
- Queensland geological maps available in QDEX (PDF, 165KB)
- GSQ publication series list (PDF, 270KB)
- GSQ report series list (PDF, 115KB)
- GSQ record series list (PDF, 1.06MB)
- Queensland Government Mining Journal (QGMJ).
A range of user guides are available to download:
- Guidelines for the submission of digital company reports (PDF, 493KB)
- General user guide for QDEX (PDF, 3.4MB)
- Guest user guide (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Report lodgement user guide (PDF, 2.6MB).
Quick reference guides
Find out about how to download and search for information in QDEX:
- How to download a report from QDEX (PDF, 769KB)
- How to lodge a report in QDEX (PDF, 535KB)
- How to search for a company report in QDEX (PDF, 827KB)
- How to setup a saved search and subscription in QDEX (PDF, 454KB)
- QDEX - frequently asked questions (PDF, 28KB).
Six-monthly petroleum production and reserves data reports are required to include these completed templates (ZIP, 30KB) as separate files.
Annual petroleum lease reports are required to include this template (ZIP, 7KB) for well status as a separate file.
- Last reviewed
- May 29, 2014
General enquiries 13 25 23