Local Industry Policy support
Assistance is available to help your project or business comply with and/or benefit from the Local Industry Policy.
Queensland Government support
The Local Industry Policy (PDF, 109.3KB) was devised to give small-to-medium businesses the opportunity to be considered for local government project work.
For more information about the Local Industry Policy, email the Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning on email@example.com.
Industry Capability Network support
The Industry Capability Network (ICN) Queensland is part of an Australia-New Zealand wide network that provides services to help project proponents and local suppliers.
Information for project proponents
ICN Queensland can assist you to meet your requirements under the policy by:
- conducting a contestability assessment
- reviewing Local Industry Participation Plans (LIPPs) with project proponents
- identifying capable and competitive local suppliers
- delivering information and opportunity sessions on projects.
Information for suppliers
ICN Queensland may be able to help you access major infrastructure and resource project opportunities by registering your company's current capability and capacity. They can register you against specific project opportunities and identify areas of work that match your capabilities.
- Read more about tendering to government.
- Learn more about winning work on major projects.
- Find out about investing in Queensland's other advanced manufacturing industry.
- Last reviewed
- November 15, 2013