Computer gaming industry
Over the last 20 years, Queensland's game developers have built an international reputation for their project management and innovative design skills.
Companies such as Krome Studios, THQ Studio OZ, The Creative Assembly, Halfbrick Studios and Auran regularly work with the world's largest publishers on popular franchises, such as Star Wars™, Transformers™, Battlestar Galactica™, Avatar™ and Total War™.
Queensland also has a long history of developing original and innovative intellectual property for the electronic interactive entertainment markets.
As a result, Queensland's games development sector:
- employs approximately 700 people
- represents 40.4% of the Australian gaming industry
- is home to 48.6% of Australia's games developers
- made more than A$55.4 million revenue in the 2007-08 financial year (40% of Australia's A$136.9 million video game earnings)
- has established games developers with proven international titles.
Learn more about computer games development and see a list of games developers on the Queensland Government's ICT website.
- Last updated
- 05 March 2013
General enquiries call 13 25 23 (option 3)