Aquaculture support and assistance
Grants and support services
If you are looking into finance options for your aquaculture start-up, you may be able to access funds from private sources or from government funding.
The Queensland, Australian and local governments offer funding and business support services, including grants, to help new and established businesses grow and succeed.
Apart from economic support, we can also offer:
- advisory and mentoring services
- workshops and seminars
- business webinars
- general and industry-specific training
- networking opportunities
- subsidised products, such as business planning tools.
Your aquaculture industry association can also offer advice on the types of grants and support your business may access.
Talk to an aquaculture officer
Aquaculture officers are available throughout Queensland to provide expertise to aquaculture businesses, from start-up phase through to establishment.
Contact Fisheries Queensland to get in touch with an aquaculture officer in your region.
- Visit the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) to find support services tailored to your business.
- Federal assistance may be available for small business support, innovation, and commercialisation of new technologies. Contact AusIndustry for more details.
- Last reviewed
- November 26, 2013
General enquiries 13 25 23