Moving equipment, plant material and soil
Stopping the spread of serious pests and diseases is an important part of managing your agricultural business. Before you move plants, plant products or related items, such as soil and machinery, always ensure you comply with the relevant quarantine restrictions.
If you supply produce to interstate markets, check your quarantine requirements with interstate authorities.
Quarantine plays a vital role in maintaining Queensland's reputation for safe agricultural products, and preserving the health and viability of our farming areas.
Introducing a new pest into a previously uninfested area can disrupt the whole production and marketing cycle, and have serious economic impacts on producers and the regional communities they depend on.
- Read more about moving plants and plants products into or within Queensland.
- Read more about moving plants and plant products from Queensland into other states.
- Read more about moving plants and plant products internationally from or into Queensland.
- Find out more about Interstate Certification Assurance (ICA).
- Learn more about weeds, pest animals and ants.
- Last updated
- 13 May 2013
General enquiries call 13 25 23 (option 3)