Aerial distribution contractor licence

Fees for licences as at 1 July 2014:

  • $28.90 for 1 year
  • $67.85 for 3 years.

About the aerial distribution contractor licence

Any person or organisation that is in the business of aerial distribution of agricultural chemicals, or directs or authorises an aircraft to be used to do so, must hold an aerial distribution contractor licence issued under the Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Act 1966 (PDF, 421KB).

A licensed aerial distribution contractor may also distribute herbicides from ground equipment, or direct or authorise ground equipment to be used to do so.

Apply for an aerial distribution contractor licence

If you wish to obtain an aerial distribution contractor licence, you must first hold an aerial work licence (air operator certificate), endorsed to conduct agricultural operations, issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.

To apply, you need to complete the aerial and ground distribution contractor licence - application form (PDF, 180KB). An aerial distribution contractor licence is issued for either a 1 or 3 year period, which you nominate when you apply.

For information on obtaining an aerial distribution contractor licence, including the licence fee, contact our Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23.

Note: If you are an aerial distribution contractor and also intend to be a pilot in command of an aircraft to carry out aerial distribution, you must hold a pilot chemical rating licence in addition to an aerial distribution contractor licence. Learn more about applying for a pilot chemical rating licence.

Related links

Last reviewed
October 23, 2013


General enquiries 13 25 23

Connect Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View us on YouTube